Don't let a security breach impact your store's bottom line.
Convenience stores and fuel retailers are part of an ultra-competitive business, with each store holding to narrow operating margins. As a retailer, you've built in checks and balances, because you know that a financial miss in one area of your operation can impact the health of your entire store.
But are you prepared for the possibility of a ransomware attack or payment card data breach? If not, the unexpected hit to your bottom line could be devastating:
- Downtime leading to lost sales and/or employee error;
- Emergency IT support to stop the bleeding;
- Forensic fees to investigate and report on the incident;
- Fines passed down from your financial institution; and
- Unbudgeted technology upgrades to prevent a recurrence.
Independent fuel retailers have the most to lose. Whether branded or unbranded, your store will be left holding the bag when a cyber attack occurs.
Leverage the power of ControlScan and PaySafe.
ControlScan and EchoSat have combined to make one great company, giving you the opportunity to cost-effectively build security and compliance into your store's operation.
Our unified threat management (UTM) solution includes a fully managed, PCI compliant firewall specifically designed to protect fuel retail operations from security breaches:
- Prevent Internet-based attacks and unauthorized user access;
- Connect all your stores and third-party vendors securely with multi-site VPN functionality;
- Ensure POS uptime with automatic failover capability; and
- Deploy additional cloud-based security layers to take protection, speed and uptime beyond that of a traditional (non UTM) firewall service.
PCI Compliance Assistance
Complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) doesn't have to take an inordinate amount of time, nor does it have to become an unwanted cost center:
- Quickly and successfully complete your annual PCI compliance validation with our PCI 1-2-3 program;
- Easily implement an ongoing PCI scanning process;
- Properly deploy and continuously maintain more technically complicated PCI requirements, such as log monitoring and firewalls; and
- Readily access PCI experts who can perform Qualified Security Assessments, identify PCI-related gaps, access your entire IT environment for PCI-related risk, and conduct network and application layer penetration testing.
"ControlScan is crucial to our high-volume petroleum operations because they provide reliable, fast and secure POS connectivity for our mission-critical credit and debit card transactions."
Source: Branding Coordinator, Petroleum Retailer, Illinois
PaySafe Wi-Fi provides a complete feature set right out of the box, giving you high capacity, deep visibility and smarter network management capability, including:
- An identity-based firewall that automatically assigns firewall and traffic-shaping rules, VLAN tags and bandwidth limits to enforce the right policies for each class of users and provide appropriate segmentation for your network;
- Application visibility and control that gives you visibility into which applications are in use and allows you to prioritize those applications based on critical need;
- Mobility support, allowing you to adopt wireless POS, POP kiosks and mobile tablets; and
- RF optimizations that automatically optimize Wi-Fi by measuring channel utilization, signal strength, throughput and interference.
SD-WAN is a new approach to network connectivity that lowers operational costs and allows multi-site deployments to use bandwidth more efficiently. SD-WAN provides the highest possible level of performance for critical applications without sacrificing security or data privacy.
Additional benefits of our SD-WAN service include:
- Transport Independence: Apply bandwidth, routing and security policies across a variety of mediums (MPLS, Internet or 3G/4G LTE) with a consistent, intuitive workflow.
- Application Control: Centralized network visibility and control with QoS, bandwidth management and traffic shaping.
- Intelligent Path Control: Dynamic policy and performance based path selection, with automatic load balancing for maximum network reliability and performance.
- Secure Connectivity: Integrated Cisco Security threat defense technologies for direct Internet access (DIA) combined with IPsec VPN to ensure secure communication with cloud applications, remote offices and data centers.
Cellular Backup Connectivity
We provide secure 3G/4G connectivity as a primary solution or as a backup to your existing DSL or Cable Internet connection:
- Primary: This wireless solution allows you to cut the phone cord entirely! You get always-on cellular wireless connectivity for secure, blazing-fast POS and ATM transactions, without the need for Cable or DSL connectivity.
- Backup: This wireless solution is a much faster alternative to traditional analog dial backup. It’s perfect for busy stores that need super-fast backup speeds or stores that have all digital or fiber voice lines.
Supported systems include cellular (3G/4G), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), broadband and satellite.