Don't let PCI compliance get in the way of running your store.
Convenience stores and fuel retailers accept credit card payments in many ways, yet each of these payment acceptance methods must be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). The PCI DSS, which has been around since 2007, is meant to protect your business and its customers from falling victim to credit card data breaches.
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you’ve been asked to validate your store’s compliance. Welcome; you’ve come to the right place!
"ControlScan is crucial to our high-volume petroleum operations because they provide reliable, fast and secure POS connectivity for our mission-critical credit and debit card transactions."
Source: Branding Coordinator, Petroleum Retailer, Illinois
Start here to streamline your PCI compliance process and secure your network.
ControlScan and EchoSat have combined to make one great company, giving you the opportunity to cost-effectively build security and compliance into your store's operation.
ControlScan and EchoSat have combined to make one great company, giving you the opportunity to more easily and cost-effectively build security and compliance into your store’s operation.
Step 1: Let the ControlScan PCI 1-2-3 program be your guide
Used by hundreds of thousands of businesses, the PCI 1-2-3 program serves as an expert guide through the PCI compliance validation process.
- Simplified, “smart” Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ)
- Unlimited, ongoing PCI scanning
- Security policy builder
- Easy-access support throughout the process
Step 2: Protect your business with the PaySafe UTM Firewall
Every business needs a firewall, because it provides a critical first line of defense against hackers and data thieves. Our unified threat management (UTM) solution includes a fully managed, PCI compliant firewall specifically designed to protect fuel retail operations from security breaches.
- Expert configurations block Internet-based attacks and unauthorized user access
- Cellular backup connectivity means your payment transactions don’t get disrupted, even if Wi-Fi service goes down
- Multi-site VPN functionality securely connects stores and third-party vendors
- Additional cloud-based security layers take protection, speed and uptime beyond that of a traditional (non UTM) firewall service
"There have been many times we relied on ControlScan in order to get one of our convenience store locations up and running properly. Without the required firewall, our locations could not run their new equipment for credit card processing. ControlScan has always made it easy to get a great firewall installed so our customers can feel more at ease from hackers and skimmers."
Source: Evelyn High, Customer Support Representative, Hinton Oil Company
Published: Sep. 8, 2017 TVID: E9D-788-F57
Step 3: Continue to tighten your security posture
When it comes to continuous improvement for stronger security and simplified compliance, we’ve got your back!
- Secure Wi-Fi services ensure network stability and satisfied customers while providing visibility into your network users, their devices and their applications
- SD-WAN capabilities lower operational costs and allow multi-site deployments to use bandwidth more efficiently.
- More technically complicated PCI requirements, such as security log monitoring, are properly deployed and continuously maintained
- PCI experts are on hand to perform Qualified Security Assessments, identify PCI-related gaps and assess your entire IT environment for PCI-related risk
- Security engineers are available to conduct network and application layer penetration testing engagements