controlscan ControlScan, Inc.
ControlScan is seeking a full-time Network Support Technician. The position reports to the Network Support Supervisor and will work at the Lexington office located in the Fifth-Third Bank building in downtown Lexington.
ControlScan is a recognized leader in cybersecurity, helping businesses everywhere secure their IT networks and protect payment card data. Our “We’ve Got Your Back” brand promise inspires an internal culture of customer-centric teamwork, empowered employees, spirited collaboration, and a place where folks enjoy coming to work every day. Join us and learn why more than 1.7 million businesses—including retailers, restaurants, hotels, healthcare providers and educational institutions—have benefitted from our managed security and compliance solutions.
The Network Support Technician provides first-level, initial contact technical phone and email support for our 23,000-site customer base. Our Technicians support a mix of client installations, including both fully managed network sites and sites that leverage existing network infrastructure to provide secure communications for electronic funds transfer.
Technicians utilize basic troubleshooting skills, along with custom-written software and a suite of remote tools to ensure our customers’ communications are fully restored to online status when they report any disruption of service. In addition, we manage firewalls for our customers and the Network Support team monitors connectivity and makes changes to the firewall’s rules per the customer’s request while also preserving PCI-DSS compliance.
Available shifts may include shifts over weekends. As we are available to our customers 24/7/365, working some holidays and covering shifts outside the normal shift is required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ technical phone support experience working with non-technical end users
- Working knowledge and practical experience with firewalls, stateful inspection, TCP/IP, DNS, and packet capture. Experience with Cisco Meraki or Cradlepoint firewalls a plus
- Basic troubleshooting skills for computer and network hardware issues to confirm connectivity This does not include client OS or end user application support
- Strong command of the English language and easily understandable over the phone
- Ability to understand when to escalate a problem when necessary
- Actual work experience more important than classroom experience
- Dependability – this cannot be stressed enough
- Pleasant phone personality
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- Work/life balance
- Low-mid stress culture; family-based atmosphere
- Competitive health care and retirement benefits
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Very casual dress code
- Opportunities for continuous learning and development
- Generous employee referral bonus program
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to Careers@controlscan.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org