In this role, you will be part of the talented, motivated, and highly performing Software Development group in a fast-paced, startup environment where contributors are judged by results, and there are plenty of opportunities to bring and implement new ideas and make a difference.
In this role, you will work closely with our customers, business partners and across our internal organization to accomplish the following:
- Participate in Agile Software Development which entails:
- Working with business stakeholders to understand requirements and design optimal, sustainable solutions;
- Working with other Developers and Architects to implement these solutions;
- Working with QA and Operations to ensure that your solutions meet our quality & operational standards;
- Going back to step 1.
- Communicate design decisions, articulate concerns, proactively solve problems and assist other team members when needed.
- Contribute ideas for improving team efficiency and product quality and implement some of these ideas.
- Effectively manage your time to meet your own as well as your team’s sprint commitments.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Solid experience building RESTful APIs in Python using web frameworks (such as Pyramid)
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience with SQLAlchemy and MySQL
- Familiarity with a distributed SCM tool (Mercurial preferred)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field (highly preferred)
- Knowledge of PHP and an MVC framework (such as CodeIgniter)
- Experience with Nginx and Single Page Web Applications
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning principles and tools
- Familiarity with PCI DSS
- Familiarity with SalesForce