ControlScan is disrupting the way compliance and security is delivered to the market by providing an innovative, simple and unified solution to the small and mid-size market. Our “We’ve Got Your Back” brand promise inspires a culture of customer-centric teamwork, empowered employees and spirited collaboration, resulting in a place where folks enjoy coming to work every day. ControlScan is venture backed with 1,000,000+ customers and 150+ partners worldwide.
In this role, you will be part of the talented, motivated, and highly performing Software Development group in a fast-paced startup environment where contributors are judged by results, and there are plenty of opportunities to bring and implement new ideas and make a difference.
In this role, you will work closely with our customers, business partners and across our internal organization to accomplish the following:
- Participate in Agile Software Development which entails:
- Working with business stakeholders to understand requirements and design optimal, sustainable solutions;
- Working with other Developers and Architects to implement these solutions;
- Working with QA and Operations to ensure that your solutions meet our quality & operational standards;
- Going back to step 1.
- Communicate design decisions, articulate concerns, proactively solve problems and assist other team members when needed.
- Contribute ideas for improving team efficiency and product quality and implement some of these ideas.
- Effectively manage your time to meet your own as well as your team’s sprint commitments.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Solid experience with Object-Oriented PHP and an MVC framework (such as CodeIgniter)
- Experience building front-end applications interfacing with a REST API
- Knowledge of a relational database (MySQL preferred)
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field (highly preferred)
- Experience with any of the following technologies:
- jQuery, ExtJS, Single Page Apps, Bootstrap
- Experience with a distributed SCM tool (Mercurial preferred)
- Knowledge of Python and Python web application frameworks (such as Pyramid)
- Familiarity with SalesForce
- Work/life balance
- Competitive health care and retirement benefits
- Paid vacation, sick days, floating holidays and nine paid holidays
- Casual dress code
- Opportunities for continuous learning and development
- Company-sponsored membership to TAG (Technology Association of Georgia)
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Free, all-you-can-drink Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks coffee
- On-site cafe
- Complimentary on-site fitness center
- Short walk or bike ride to Big Creek Greenway
- Ongoing community service projects, team happy hours, sporting event outings, lunch and learns and more
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.